Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, April 7, 2013

There's SPRING FEVER at 613 AVENUE CREATE!

Welcome back for another fun challenge and we have "Spring Fever" here in our neighborhood!  That's our challenge theme this week so whatever makes you think of Spring; gardening, kites, bikes, sun, clouds, rain, etc.   I can't wait to see what you create this week!

Spring always makes me think of dancing ... and for me it's BELLYDANCING!!!!   So here is my inspiration for you ... 
a BELLY DANCER ...


Now I know I haven't really used a Spring colour palette, but all the jewels she is wearing are in the Spring colour range.  This beautiful image is by Rick St James and he called her Fayuez.  I coloured her using alcohol markers and a white gel pen, and added lots of Stickles.  After all, a Belly Dancer can never have enough bling!

Here is a better look at the image:


Her jewellery is embellished with teeny tiny nail art gems (about 1.2mm in size!) that I had to place with tweezers while the Stickles had not yet dried.

To create the rest of my card, I used an offcut of gold and red trim which I previously had used to make a client's belly dance costume, and on it are some metal (brass) bead cups/caps that have been flattened into flower shapes. They have been attached using flower shaped sequins and beads.  I also added some deep red roses.  The image was fussy cut and mounted onto a diecut that has been embellished using shiny green sequins and beads.

The DP is a fabulous paisley print, just like the henna tattoos I so love!

This project was such fun to do, and although I no longer dance, I love the belly dance culture and still love to create the costumes.(and I will even admit to a little shimmy in the privacy of my craft studio too!)  
You can see some of my belly dance costume makes on the second page of my blog HERE)

There are prizes from two sponsors this week :


and to win one of them, you need to link your entry HERE.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN

8 comments:

  1. Stunning, Jen! It's as bright and bling as some of your costumes! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo wonderful. Love all the bling and the sparkle. Gorgeous details as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable sparkly creation! Thank you for playing along with Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Jen! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How beautiful you have made her. Gorgeous work. Did you know that she is a REAL bellydancer from France?
    Hugs,
    Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters goodluck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy available if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card - thanks so much for taking part in the Sarah Hurley Challenge. Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!