Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, April 15, 2013

ANYTHING BUT A CARD

On Mondays at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog we get to show you that Bugaboo Stamps can be used for so much more ... and this is my ABaC project to share with you today:


I made a 'gift box' in the shape of a purse that can hold a slab of chocolate or a can of deodorant body spray, together with a little matching tag (on which I have a Bugaboo Stamps image called For You Flower


I didn't follow use a template for this project, and I decided to make it up as I saw it in my head ... (strange voices ...LOL!)  Firstly I measured the size of the chocolate I wanted to go inside and then used a 12 x 12 sheet of double sided DP that was quite thick, as it needed to be sturdy enough to hold the weight of the chocolate.

After much measuring, cutting, remeasuring, more cutting, chalking edges and adding embellishments, I came up with something I am really happy with.  I added a closing strap and a buckle, added the tag (that I used kraft card for) and it was done!

This is what it looks like opened - to reveal the yummy chocolate (which could just as easily be replaced with any little gift of a similar size.


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

3 comments:

  1. WOWZEERS !! This is SO creative and beautiful!! Great idea!!
    I have voices in my head too that tell me not to follow patterns too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic purse, Jen, and I love that tag! I have that image from Bugaboo and I'll bet I've use it a dozen times -- one of my favorites. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this--so clever and so cute! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!