Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, April 10, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ SKETCH CHALLENGE

Today's sketch challenge at The Outlawz is one I really enjoyed working with:


and here is my interpretation:


I discovered that the inner of my Ferrero Rocher chocolate box was a really gorgeous piece of gold paper that just needed to be recycled:


I embossed it with a butterfly EF and doesn't it just look perfect!  To make up my card I used a tag image from Bugaboo Stamps called Tag - word-butterfly-bubbles and printed it on an offcut of brownish CS.  a Diecut flower and butterfly were added, and two shiny gems as embellishments.  The background DP is from BLUEBERRY BEAR and the base card is a mustard shade.


How do you like the colour combo?  

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


9 comments:

  1. FABULOUS recycling! LOVE it--the gold is SO gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and had a good giggle at the same time! Amazing how we see 'card' in everything in life incl the gold FR inner! Well done!
    {{{hugs}}}
    Margy
    Owner: Digistamps4Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is just fabulous! Great idea to use a chocolate box.

    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy on "Swirls" challenge!
    Good luck and hope to see your lovely creations soon again!

    Hugs, Sande xx
    Whoopsi Daisy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful card! And your recycled Rocher paper looks grand. Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card, i love butterflies. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jen. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recycling on this gorgeous card!

    Thank you for joining us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!