Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, April 8, 2013

CELEBRATE SPRING WITH FLOWERS AT THE OUTLAWZ MONDAY CHALLENGE

Today's challenge at The Outlawz is to add spring flowers to your greeting card (that must have a sentiment on the outside.

Here is my entry:


I found the cutest free colouring page on the internet and sized it down to card size (my card is five and a half inches square), and used my alcohol markers to colour:

To make up my card I used a pale maize coloured CS onto which I mounted a square of DP with the edges chalked.  There is a white die cut with gem embellishments.  

To create the faux window effect, I made another diecut from the blue gingham DP, but used the oval  piece that came out of the centre.  It was chalked all the way round and then pasted inside the white diecut.  The sentiment is a peel off, a silver one that I coloured green using a dark green Spectrum Noir marker.

The double layer silk flower has a metal flower centre attached by a green flower sequin and bead.

I think this image and card certainly have a Spring feel!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges, as it meets the criteria:






8 comments:

  1. This is just adorable!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Just adorable! I love the faux window and that cute, cute image you colored. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Digi Haven!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is so beautiful. Just adore the image and how you have colored it. I would never have thought of coloring the peel off. Great idea.

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the image and your coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps!
    Jackie GDT
    I have blog candy, if you're interested!
    Schoolinandscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations
    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the image! Thank you for joining our Corrosive Challenge this fortnight. Good Luck on the draw!
    Ruza, CDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love the cute image and pretty colours.

    Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!