Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, April 14, 2013

A SPECIAL CARD FOR A SPECIAL FRIEND

A client asked me to make a card for her daughter to give to her special best friend.  "It need's to be shabby chic and special" was all she said ...

Here is what I made for her:


The image featured on my card is called Wonderful Day by the uber-talented artist,  Mo Manning.  I coloured it using alcohol markers :


I started off with a white CS onto which I printed the image, and after colouring it, I spritzed it with some Enmarc Dazzles (Eggshell colour) The edges were chalked.  

Here is an explanation of the rest of the card:


I hope she'll like it - it took me almost 4 hours to put the card together, once the image was coloured, because the whole spray of flowers was hand-stitched into place - the card needs to be sent abroad - I would be so embarrassed if some of the embellies fell off en route!

I hope this is 'shabby chic' - I googled the term, and this is my interpretation - yikes!!! I really hope it is.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY, BINGO ( blooms/free/lace)


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and it is very special! Beautiful job on this Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely beautiful. She is going to treasure it.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Jen! Your friend will be so happy to receive it!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Mo's Challenge BLog this week...don't forget our Blog Hop next Thursday, we'll be so glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    DT. member
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling image, lovely design! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card and image...

    Thanks for sharing again at In The Pink!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have removed my entry from your challenge as there is perhaps too little pink according to the brief of the challenge.
      Jen Leeflang

      Delete
  7. Well, you attention to the detail of the flowers is just amazing. I think your friends daugther's BFF is going to love this Shabby Chic card. Thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings challenge at Mo's. HOpe to see you next week for our Blog Hop.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - I'm always too scared to send cards with flowers on in the post!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Friendship challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the chalked edges of your amazing colored image. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Chalk Ah Lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!