Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, April 6, 2013

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: NEW RELEASES :: WHASSUP FAIRY



The new releases at Digistamps 4 Joy include three fairies that I have drawn for you, and this little one is called the WHASSUP FAIRY.

Here is what she looks like coloured up and on a card:



After printing the image onto white cardstock, I coloured her using alcohol markers and a white gel pen, and  then set about fussy cutting again : 



For the rest of my card I used:

white CS card base
olive/chartreuse CS
metallic green CS diecuts
blue/green/shite floral background DP
inked edges olive/chartreuse CS diecut
layered paper flowers
stick on gems
sewn on tiny green flower sequins and beads
peel off sentiment coloured to match the colour palette of the card

I gave the fairy a good sprinking of Stickles (to increase her magical powers!)

Click HERE to link to find her in the store.

luv 'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
THE PAPER NEST DOLLS, #1 ANYTHING GOES

7 comments:

  1. This card is lovely! I struggle with green colors myself, can't seem to find a balance of shades or to color images properly with greens, so I'm very impressed with your result - so beautiful! Love the image, die cuts and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card ,love all the pretty greens and those embossed corners are stunning
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen she is just adorable, and colored up she is even more precious. Thank you for taking time to play with us at Mema's Crafts. Come often and good luck. (if you haven't already don't forget to enter the blog giveaway)

    Hugs
    Lesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.Just love all the shades of green and sparkly touches.Thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenge.Hope to see you again next time :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Gorgeous creation. GREAT Job!
    Thanks for join us at DSC. Hope to see you again in DSC next time. ;-)
    -Sony
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card.... thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls... xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the colors and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at SNS Monthly Sketch Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!