Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A LITTLE BIT VINTAGE

Wednesday's Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz has a wonderful sketch to work with this week:  


and this is how I interpreted it :


I decided to go a little bit vintage (to practice my vintage/distressing techniques) and to use no image.  I started off using a DP offcut - I handcut the outer border and inked it.  

 
To that I added a pale green diecut and in the centre I used the waste piece from the die cut which I inked and placed back into the diecut.   The sentimnent was coloured using a purple Copic marker, as were the three borders behind the diecut.  Tiny flower sequins and beads were sewn on using invisible thread, and the flowers and diecut butterfly.


I love the way this turned out - although I think I need lots of practice in my vintage techniques.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN

9 comments:

  1. I think you don't need to practice Jen, It's gorgeous!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card you have made. Gorgeous flowers and butterfly. It fits our challenge this week well of “colour combination of brown and green”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say you got the vintage distressing down pat! Gorgeous creation. Thank for playing along with our anything goes challenge at the Sisterhood. Hope to see you in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jen - loving that vintage look, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on that sketch, Jen! Love it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and your vintage technique looks great to me. Thank you for joining in with our colour challenge at Cuttlebug Mania this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a beautiful, vintage creation Jen! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful vintage card, I love the distressing you did, and the butterfly in the corner. Thanks for joining the Purple & Green Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!