Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, April 22, 2013

ANYTHING BUT A CARD AT BUGABOO STAMPS 'CATCH THE BUG' BLOG

It's Monday again, and I would like to share with you a non-card project using Bugaboo Stamps.

This is a little 'GET WELL' messages booklet for my brother, Ron, who had major back surgery last Friday.

This is the 'cover' of the booklet which I made from the hard board that came with one of my 12 x 12 paper packs.  I covered it with DP, inked the edges and added a Bugaboo image called Occupation - bear - nurse on an oval diecut.  The inside of the booklet has a few pages, all with Bugaboo images and sentiments:


The first page :


Second page : 



Third page :


Image : Sassy Gal Nurse

Last page :



It was fun working out how to put it all together - I didn't have a template and sort of made it up as I went along.  
I added a satin ribbon to tie the book closed.

I gave it to him last night but he was far too groggy from his pain meds to open it - perhaps he will have seen it by the time I visit him this afternoon.

Click HERE to see my fellow DTeamies' non-card creations on the Catch the Bug blog.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this project to the following challenges:
JOANNA SHEEN CHALLENGE, RECYCLE (I recycled the hard board from the backing of my 12 x 12 paper pack)









8 comments:

  1. What a fun project! You did a great job! I know your brother will enjoy it, and probably everyone else who sees it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I am wishing your brother a rapid recovery! I imagine he loved this card, with all the cute images & sentiments! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect.
    Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge” Linky Party.
    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! I love the images you used and the recycling element too! Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab project, love the fun images you've used. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous, I love the images you have used, sure to put a smile on anyones face. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a lovely project!!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Joanna Sheen challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!