Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, April 12, 2013

PROUDLY ANNOUNCING ...



.... that I am now a member of The Outlawz Design Team, more specifically.- on the Friday Copics/Promarkers Challenge team.  I am delighted!!  I enter the challenges there regularly, so it doesn't mean any extra work for me. I create a card for the challenge every week so instead of entering the challenges, I will be providing inspiration samples instead.  It's a great honour to be working alongside such talented designers!

So here then is my first blog post as a Design Team member - to tell you all about this week's challenge, where our theme is:

WINGED THINGS


You can interpret the theme as you wish, but please remember that your project must include some coloring with alcohol markers (any brand).
We have a great sponsor this month, Whimsy Stamps One randomly-selected participant in the April challenges will win 5 digi stamps of their choice from the Whimsy Stamps store!


Here is my inspiration for you - a Spring-themed card featuring an image from A DAY FOR DAISIES, called Dragon Gifts, that I coloured using alcohol markers (Copics and Spectrum Noir) in a fresh Spring colour palette of lime green and lilac,  and a white gel pen for the accents:


I added some Stickles to the wings to enhance the magic a little (it's a pity that you can't see it on the photograph) :  


To make up my card I cut out the image using a large scalloped circle die and mounted it onto textured lime green cardstock.  The border along the bottom is actually a CS offcut, and the ric-rac isn't real fabric, but a print on the DP. I added a spray of pretty lilac and lime green flowers (my favourite colour combo at the moment)  and sewed on some sequins and beads.

To enter your card in the challenge you need to be a member of The Outlawz (it's FREE, FUN AND FRIENDLY!) and you can do so by clicking HERE.

The Outlawz Challenges

I can't wait to see YOUR entry!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my card into the following challenges:


DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGES, ROUND UP (use a circle or make a circle card)

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jen.
    So happy for you, since you are a great inspiration to me and a lot of other people!
    Love the light green and the pure spring feeling.
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our little Outlawz family, pleased to be working(well sort of) with you again

    Hugs Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jen :-) the image is beautiful and the colours and flowers are fabulous :-)

    Congratulations on your DT post too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, love the colours & flowers!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy that you have joined our team, Jen! Looking forward to working with you! Your card is gorgeous! Fantastic coloring of the image and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours, design and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is gorgeous!! Popped over from MIM!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Fab colouring Jen, love her wings!

    Thanks for joining us at Bunny Zoe Crafts for our Monthly Challenge :)

    Hugs, Franz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card Jen! I love everything about it. You are very talented and color so beautifully. I am thrilled to have you on our team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your DT spot Jen and your card is stunning! You sure know how to color :D!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Make It Monday!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'N'Funky challenge.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so lovely! The colours are fabulous!

    Congratulations on your DT post!

    Thank you for joining us in the Spring Flower challenge at Crafting By Designs!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on your new DT spot -What a pretty card - just love it! - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your dt position - not surprising as your colouring is fabulous! Really pretty card, wonderful use of colour and a great layout. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments #13 things with wings challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you at our next challenge Karen P CM DT (http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Card, love the purple and green together. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    Hugs Amanda
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Jen! The Outlawz are lucky to have you! :^)
    And your first card is beautiful! Love your design, coloring, and embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!