Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, September 30, 2012

CARD GUILD :: CHAIRLADY'S CHALLENGE : SEPTEMBER

I belong to one of the Cardmakers' Guilds in Durban, and this is the easel card I made for our Chairlady's Challenge.  (We were given the bright pink and embossed piece of cardstock and a minimum card size)



Here is a closer look at what I did :


1. The embossing of the CS was enhanced by colouring and shading the valleys with alcohol markers
2.  Silver powder eye shadow was added to the  'peaks'
3.  A fixative was sprayed over the embossing so it wouldn't rub off
4.  I used invisible thread and a needle to add the pearl beads.
matching roses were attached
5.  A stick on birthday sentiment was added
6.  White die cut butterflies were added to carry on the theme of the butterflies in the silhouette.
7.  Although visible in the photograph, some Stickles were added to to her dress.
8.  The 'stop' for the easel card is a die cut through which some satin ribbon was threaded.  A satin ribbon bow completed the card off nicely.

I had entered this card into The Outlawz Friday challenge but I have been unable to ascertain that there needs to be an image coloured using alcohol markers, and not just the shading on the frame.  I have withdrawn the card from that challenge, but I would like to enter it into the following challenges:


DIGITAL TUESDAY, #79, ‘SAY IT WITH FLOWERS’

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa


14 comments:

  1. Your silhouette creation is so pretty....looks as if it should be in a frame and given a place of honour on a wall...the pearls are beautiful, and you put so many pretty details in there. Thanks for linking up at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jen, thanks so much for sharing your talent @ Inspire Me Fridays!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the image and great details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby card! I adore the image you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the silhouette you have used the card is just darling!! Love the embellishments :)
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jen, love the silhouette and the gorgeous frame, beautiful..
    Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ELEGANT!! this card should definitely be prominently displayed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I just sent you a note on this, but got an error message. Drat!
    I love, love, love this card--so many wonderful elements: the image, the papers, the design, the pearls. But the star is definitely that frame that makes me say "WOW!". So very cool, and must have taken so much time to do! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card...

    Thank you for joining in at Gem of a challenge & good luck :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful easel card !! I love that image!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, such a gorgeous easel card with just the right embellies...lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Flutter By Wednesday this week.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful elegant card. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card, I love it, the frame, the colors.
    Thank you for playing with...Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Robin L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card is gorgeous...love the silhouette with butterflies...so pretty and your easle card came out great...thanks for joining in at sch...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!