I belong to one of the Cardmakers' Guilds in Durban, and this is the easel card I made for our Chairlady's Challenge. (We were given the bright pink and embossed piece of cardstock and a minimum card size)
Here is a closer look at what I did :
1. The embossing of the CS was enhanced by colouring and shading the valleys with alcohol markers
2. Silver powder eye shadow was added to the 'peaks'
3. A fixative was sprayed over the embossing so it wouldn't rub off
4. I used invisible thread and a needle to add the pearl beads.
matching roses were attached
5. A stick on birthday sentiment was added
6. White die cut butterflies were added to carry on the theme of the butterflies in the silhouette.
7. Although visible in the photograph, some Stickles were added to to her dress.
8. The 'stop' for the easel card is a die cut through which some satin ribbon was threaded. A satin ribbon bow completed the card off nicely.
I had entered this card into The Outlawz Friday challenge but I have been unable to ascertain that there needs to be an image coloured using alcohol markers, and not just the shading on the frame. I have withdrawn the card from that challenge, but I would like to enter it into the following challenges: