Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, September 28, 2012

TWISTED THURSDAY CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Thursday, 27 September's Twisted Thursday Challenge is an ANYTHING GOES challenge with a twist of adding  WHEELS.

I had all of the elements for this little framed picture stashed away, together in a box, but cold never get around to finding the time!  When looking in my stash cupboard for 'something with wheels' I came across the box and thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to put this together.

Here it is:



Here is a closer look at what I did INSIDE the frame :

The frame is the last of those that I bought about 8 years ago from a frame maker who had used all his offcuts to make these tiny frames for little artworks. (I wonder if he still does that?)

To construct this little project I did the following:
1.  Glued the pink/purple marbled  (handmade) paper to a heavy CS background cut to the size of the inside of the frame.
2.  Tore a piece of off-white handmade mulberry paper  and glued it on top.
3.  The little penny-farthing (metal) charm is one that I have had for even longer than the frame.  I sewed it onto the background using the invisible thread that I use for my belly dance costume makes.
4.  The stitching was disguised by added teeny tiny flower sequins and seed beads.

That's it!

It was really a quick and easy project - no rocket science needed but the outcome is just gorgeous, don't you think?   I guess this is just a merging of my two crafting loves - papercrafting and belly dance costume beading, and an example of what I love to do.   It will hang in my little 'gallery' at the entrance to my studio.

I would like to add this project to the following challenges:


COME AND GET IT CHALLENGE, ‘ANYTHNG BUT A CARD’

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA


10 comments:

  1. Oh, Jen, what a fabulous itty bitty creation! I love this--the background paper is gorgeous, the charm is adorable, and the frame suits it perfectly! What's this about belly-dancing and costumes? Do you belly-dance or just sew? Hmmm?
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny - I used to dance but not anymore as my leg is giving me too many problems. I still design, make and bead the costumes - check out the other page on my blog here :
      http://jencraftsa.blogspot.com/p/my-bellydance-costume-makes-and-other.html

      Delete
  2. What an amazing little work of art! And the frame is just perfect, too! :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely project,, the bicycle is so cute and little fowers are wonderful!
    thanks for join us at Craft Us Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty frame. Lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the charm and the marble background . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGUSS Jen! I absolutely love anything miniature. Wonder if our new 'twigis' will fit in these grames?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a cool picture!!! thanks for joining simply create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is awesome, Jen! Great project!
    I popped over from Simply Create to say hello! :0)
    ((HUGS))
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!