Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, September 13, 2012

TUESDAY'S COLOUR CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Tuesday's Colour Challenge at The Outlawz has given these colours to use:
 
and here is my card ...

 The image, called Vintage Hat 2,  is from Jackson's Digital Expressions.
I coloured the image using alcohol markers and a white gel pen.
I used real beads for the earrings that I sewed on by hand......


The rest of the card's components are:
orange CS diecut
various paper flowers
one orange brad in the bottom flower
white punched (MS) b order
sewn on sequins and beads
offcut of blue DP
offcut of blue CS (textured)
white satin ribbon and bow
stick on sentiment

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:
RUBY'S RAINBOW, #37, 'BINGO' (pearls/flowers/ribbon)
CRAFTY-EMBLIES, #2, 'PICTURE PERFECT' (I interpreted it as someone all dressed up in her best, ready to have her photograph taken)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful image, super colours and the earrings are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges and would love to see you again.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gorgeous card with a wonderful image!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, this is so cool! I love the colour choice and your colouring is absolutely brill! I can see why this lady is ready for her photo.

    thanks for taking part in the Crafty-Emblies 'Picture Perfect' challenge with us.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking part in our second challenge 'picture perfect' over on the Crafty-Emblies challenge blog/page.

    What a wonderfully colorful and textural card. The lady certainly stands out and is beautiful with the special touch of real beaded earrings. The layers and shapes of the backing an embellishments are wonderful. I love your interpretation of 'picture perfect' and she certainly looks like she's off for an excellent night out :-)

    I hope you will visit us again and join in with our future Crafty-Emblies challenges.

    Hugs Lisa. Xxxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is just gorgeous oh I just adore that lady she really stands out to make one,really gorgeous card bless you for taking part in,picture perfect at crafty-emblies hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your interpretation of 'Picture Perfect' what a fab idea. This is really gorgeous and she does look ready to have her pic taken. The added touch of real beads for earrings if brilliant.

    Thank you for joining in with us on our second challenge over at Crafty-Emblies.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB !!! love the colour palette on this really catches the eye ! Thank You for joining us over at Crafty-Emblies xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!