Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, September 15, 2012

A BINGO CHALLENGE AT BUGABOO'S CATCH THE BUG BLOG

I am back in 'create' mode after spending last weekend at Hobby-X at Gallagher Estates, Midrand, South Africa.  I spent some luverly bucks and came home with even luverlier stuff! LOL!  can you see the smile on my face - who say money doesn't made you happy?!

Today I am here to share with you a card I made for Bugaboo's Bingo challenge. Here is the Bingo board for you to chose from:

and here is my card using glitter, stitching and a Bugaboo image:


 I coloured the beautiful Bugaboo image, called Beautiful Blocks - Life in Color using alcohol markers, and then, using a needle and gold/black machine embroidery thread, sewed across the feathers. (the thread was given to my by my dear friend Irini who sadly passed away 2007.  It is from Greece and was given to her by her grandma - it is so old that it's starting to disintegrate and I thought I had better start using it before it rots away completely!)  Don't you think that the feathers look like little rainbows?

So that took care of the Bugaboo image and stitching parts.

For the glitter part, I added crystal glitter glue to the butterfly and its trail (perhaps you can just make it out on this detailed pic)


That then took care of the 'glitter' part!

Do you see how easy it is?  Click HERE to link to the challenge on the Catch the Bug Challenge blog, add your entry to the inlinkz, and YOU could be the winner of some fabulous Bugaboo images, just like this one.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
USE IT TUESDAYS, #39, 'ANYTHING GOES' (the gold/black thread is my hoarded item)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA



11 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation and fab stitching...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful techniques and I love the touch of glitz! Thank you for joining us this week at Raise The Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jen, and that butterfly is stunning. Thanks for sharing this project at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your colouring is gorgeous. I love all the little details.

    Thank you for joining us over at Whimsy ... Anything Goes.

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I really love the fabulous coloring of the feathers and your beautiful butterfly with the glitter trail. Thanks so much for joining us this past fortnight at Paper Cupcakes/TIMITA. Good Luck!
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love those feathers!! And your bling!! Oh-la-la!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The details on this card is amazing, so virbant and rich. Simply beautiful. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Avadares. We look forward to seeing you again using an Avadares image.
    Berni,DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! and the thread is such a touching story and I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Jen! Thank you so much for joining in on our I Believe I can Fly challenge over at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
    ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!