Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, September 20, 2012

A SKETCH CHALLENGE AT PAPER CRAFT PLANET

This is the first time that I have entered the Sketch Challenge at Paper Craft Planet.  When I saw the announcement of the Challenge and the sketch in the PCP "News from around the Planet" newsletter today, I decided to give it a bash - the sketch certainly helped when I was searching for Mr Mojo when putting may card together this afternoon ...
and so, this is my card that I entered:

The image featured on my card is called 'Just Married' and is available in the Digistamps 4 Joy store HERE.  It is a NEW RELEASE and only became available on Sunday 16 September.  The colouring medium is alcohol markers and a white gel pen.  Here is a closer look at the image:
 To make the heart tyre tracks I used an el-cheapo 2-in-1 self inking roller stamp I bought at the Chinese store.  It is rather gorgeous though, the way that the tracks are heart-shaped, and I have made good use of it.  The red stamped hearts are on the other side of the stamp:



To construct the rest of the card, I used the following:

- blue floral /check DP
- red CS
- pale blue CS for the mats
- red satin puffy heart
- Glossy Accents on the back windscreen and on the lights
- red satin ribbon bow

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges too:



luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card and excellent use of your little heart tracks! It just goes to prove that not all crafting supplies have to be name brand and expensive to pack a wonderful wallop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image , love the card design too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is beautiful, fantastic creation, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done such a wonderful job with this card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia




    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Mums Craft shop with our hearts and flowers challenge - Good Luck and hope you will join us again soon! Hugs Katrina (DT coordinator) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!