Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, July 12, 2012

TWISTED THURSDAY CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

The twist today at The Outlawz Challenges is : "A Day at the Zoo" and my card is dedicated to Naomi and Fiona of "The Menagerie" in Durban.

I immediately thought of two friends of mine, twin sisters Naomi and Fiona who  started a rescue program for animals, both domestic and wild.  On Easter Saturday 2011 I adopted a three and a half week old rescued kitten from them and had to feed it every hour by syringe ... but I digress ... They travel around with a 'mobile' petting zoo and for as long as I can remember they have had a bunny rabbit, a goat, a tortoise, and an owl that travels with them.  This card is a tribute to Naomi and Fiona's The Menagerie (you can see some pics of Naomi and Fiona, and the animals, also the owl here)

Here is my card, dedicated to The Menagerie:


I was drawn to this little owl image that I found here because I love the henna tattoo like detail (must be the bellydancer in me! LOL!)  I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen ... here's a better look :

 The eyes have been covered in Glossy Accents although it can't really be seen above, but  perhaps you can just make it out in the detail pic below :

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:


luv'n huggz
jen leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card for our "stripes" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks! Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh how cute this, I love it. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Fashionista and good luck Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little owl he is so cute.Thank you for playing a long with us at CBN.
    Kaz.
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing our Stripes Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real work of art, I love the image and your colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!