As is our custom, we have a freebie for you for the month, and July's freebie is the delicious image designed by the talented Margy, called "Strawberries and Cream".
While I love strawberries and cream, strawberries dipped in melted chocolate are equally delicious, so I created this card:
Here is a closer look at the image:
The background was achieved by:
1. Emboss white core cardstock
2. Lay the embossed cardstock on a flat solid surface
3. Use a sponge sanding block to light sand off the top coloured layer in sweeping movements, from the top to the bottom. By going in one direction you will see that all the tops of the embossed hearts are sanded/distressed
To achieve the glossiness of the chocolate dipped strawberries, this is what I did:
1. Colour using alcohol markers (in this case I used Spectrum Noir)
2. White gel pen to create some highlights
3. Glossy Accents to cover the 'melted chocolate' areas
4. Dots of Glossy Accents on the red 'fruit' areas of the strawberries
I used Glossy Accents in dots all over the glass bowl (condensation) and these are picked up by the flash of the camera.
You can own this image too, for free, gratis and for nothing, by linking here - this will take you to the Digistamps 4 Joy blog where you can see this same image used. You will also find the link to the free download there. Remember - it is available for 48 hours only - from NOW!
Thanks for looking. I can't wait to see what you create with it.