Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, July 7, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ :: FRIDAY CHALLENGE

The Friday challenge this week at The Outlawz is to use alcohol markers on a project within the theme of Travel or Travel Destinations.    I have been on vacation in Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong (years ago in the early 80's) and Japan is still on my bucket list.
I made this card using a Mo Manning image for the challenge:


Here is a close-up of the coloured image:
 I coloured the image using alcohol markers and highlighted with a white gel pen.  Some crystal glitter glue was added for some sparkle.  It was cut out using a Marianne's Creatables die, and some stick on gems add interest to the corners. A diecut butterfly and a little colour co-ordinated flower with a gem centre are the embellishments. Lastly the base CS was embossed using a folder that almost echoes the shapes in the diecut.
The diecut mat, embossed cardstock and the butterfly embellishment were chosen to tie in with the butterflies on the kimono.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa


7 comments:

  1. wow! what a fabulous card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...how beautiful! I just love this Mo image...and your coloring is so pretty! Fabulous papers too!! So glad you've joined us for this week's fun challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Emboss It * challenge
    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty and adorable.Love this image.You've coloured it beautifully and the embossing is gorgeous.Thanks for joining in with Ruby's Rainbow.Good Luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have thought of that embossing folder as "Oriental" but it fits just perfectly. Wonderful work ! We were so happy you joined us last week at Papercraft Star, celebrating our 2nd anniversary !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jen! The image is colored so prettily and I love the embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, I love the image and the butterfly! Thanks for taking part in Ruby's Rainbow's 'Embossing' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!