Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY'S NEW RELEASE SUNDAY :: 'HAPPY HOUR'


It’s a YAY- SUNDAY again!!! Time to show you the week’s new releases at Digistamps 4 Joy:

The first image I have to share with you is called “Happy Hour”, and the reason i drew this one for the store is that I felt I needed to draw a non-cute, grown-up's image, because my sweet old mom keeps asking why I only draw images for little girls' cards .... you try explaining to my mom that girls are girls are girls ... whether they are 6 or 16 or 56 or 106 ... we are all girlz at heart ... anyone care to disagree? LOL!


So mom, here is a BIG girl's image ...


I used alcohol markers in primary colours because primaries always seem to make a bolder statement than secondaries.   The embellishments and DP I felt needed to be relatively simple in shape but bold in colour so as to compliment the depth of colour of the image.

This is not the only new release that I think you might like…
Click HERE to link to the Digistamps 4 Joy blog for an overview of all the new releases available, and links to where you can find them in the store.
I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

7 comments:

  1. Great colors---thanks for posting on the Stamp N Plus Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab image! I think this image would be fit for a man's card as well! Fab coloring and design, great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouration of the image. Love the bold colours as well as the bold background. That gold really sets everything off. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your image if delightful and the coloring fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image and you did a great job coloring it! Thanks for playing along with the Delightful Challenge Design Team!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - come visit me sometime
    http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Amazing coloring skills. This looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card & Stunning Image!! Thank you for playing with us this time at Stamp N Plus! We Hope you Come Back and Play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!