Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: CHALLENGE #47 :: POLKA DOTS AND STRIPES

The challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy starting today is to add polka dots and stripes to your creation.

Here is my easel card for your inspiration:


The image I have used is one of my own drawings for Digistamps 4 Joy called "Pensive, which I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen.

Here is a better look at the image:

As embellishments I used a spray of flowers, sewn on using invisible thread (the kind I use to bead the belly dance costumes I make), some satin ribbon, sewn on flower sequins and beads for a bit of bling, and I made two stickpins to add to the flower spray.  There is a little metal charm hanging from the ribbon.

The striped component is in the DP from Fabscraps, and the polka dots can be seen in the mini swiss dots embossing behind the image (on the orange mat).

I added the children's poem "Monday's Child" as the sentiment, and a large gem, a flower and a leaf are the 'stop' for the easel:

Click HERE to link to the challenge to add your entry!
 
I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA





19 comments:

  1. your cards are always looking stunning Jen.
    and they always are beautiful finished of.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Jen, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card Jen, love the image, and the way you colourd the hair, fab!

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo that hair colouring is amazing, and this image of yours lends itself perfectly to it! Stunning card Jen - as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the colours and how you put the whole card together.
    the hair on the image is just fab. TFS
    hAVE A gr8 day
    Julie

    http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cad. the hair is gorgeous! I really like that you used a different skin tone! The coordination of the hair color with your Design paper really coordinates nicely!
    Thank you for joining us at CMC!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, Love your creation. You have done a wonderful job staying with the theme. Just love your image and your coloring she is just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Creative. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Jen. Your image is lovely and so beautifully coloured
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgoeus card you made, everything looks great together and I like the text too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and amazing color palette you chose. Love the poem you used for the sentiment inside. TFS at Made Especially for You this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us over at ME4Y.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! So glad you could play along with us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful, loving what you crate with alcohol markers! thanks for joining us this week at MEFY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is stunning! I love the colors and the cluster of flowers and embellishments is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us over at MEFY! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create with this fab dotty creation! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful image! I love all the details that you've put into this easel card! Thanks for sharing with us at Made Especially For You!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!!! Love this beautiful image with your fab colors and sweet sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card and I love all the detail on her face, it really brings her to life! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Color Me Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. piękna praca,bardzo fajnie skomponowana całość

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!