Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: NEW RELEASES :: SMILING MERMAID

It’s Sunday, and time for some more NEW RELEASES in the Digistamps for Joy store today!

 The new releases are a mixed bag of themes, and quite a number of BACK TO SCHOOL images too.  Click HERE  to link to the blog to see all today’s new release and the gorgeous cards made with some of them!

 This card features one of the new images I drew for the store, called "Smiling Mermaid" which I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen for the highlights.  


Here is a closer look at the image:


I attempted to get the mermaid's tail looking 'wet' - does it look like it?  As embellishments I added some diecut shells, starfish, a seahorse and seaweed.  There is a string of pearls that I sewed on and a 'diamond' surrounded pearl gem:
 


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

9 comments:

  1. fab card everything co ordinated well done and thanks for joining the digi doodles challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us this week at My Time To Craft.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card ,love the image and she is coloured beautifully
    Thanks for joining us at digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! amazing image and colouring. A beautiful card. Wonderful card, love the colour combo and the design. Thank you for joining us over at Marianne Design Divas in our Anything Goes challenge. Good luck in the draw and with the DT call.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen I just love the Mermaid card and you colored it so beautifully!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, your colouring is amazing! thanks for sharing it with the Southern Girls this time,so glad you joined us, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, nice coloring! Thanks for joining us at Di Digi Designs & Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colouring of your mermaid (especially the tail) on this pretty sea-themed card. I love the staging for your photo too. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely creation!!!! So glad you played along with us at Southern Girls Challenge. Smiles, Rene' :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!