Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, July 9, 2012

ANYTHING BUT A CARD MONDAY AT BUGABOO'S CATCH THE BUG BLOG

Every Monday there is a wonderful ANYTHING BUT A CARD project for your inspiration at Bugaboo Stamps' CATCH THE BUG blog.

This week it's my turn to show you what I made ...



This little project started life as a box that my son's and my husbands asthma inhalers came in ... a fabulously shaped box that just cried out to be altered!!!


I started out by covering the box with some blue and white DP,  and while I was using the brayer to smooth out the bubbles, the brayer rolled off the counter and onto my toe EOUWCH!!!  I thought I had broken my toe but by this morning a lot of the pain has gone.  I then sanded and inked all the edges (and my fingers, under my nails my,  t-shirt, and my white track pants .... LOL!) There were so many edges there that it was quite a mission.

The front of the flap was decorated with various diecuts and gems  :


On the left inside I used the Bugaboo Stamps image called Flower Pocket and coloured it as close as possible to the colours of the DP. The image is coloured using my Spectrum Noir markers from Joanna Sheen (thanks margy for ordering those for me! I LOVE them!)


and on the right inside I added some more diecuts and gems:

and now the project is just perfect to use as a thank you favour for a birthday party when you add some chocolates inside :


I hope I have inspired you to make some ANYTHING BUT A CARD projects yourself.  Altering and recycling produces some really WOW results, as you can see here.

I would like to add this to the following challenges:
 

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

22 comments:

  1. Love the idea, love the deco, love the contents. Oh yes, I'd be very happy to receive this! ;-) Who wouldn't ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking box! Love the blue and white color scheme, and there are so many nice die cut details. I really love your work - I'm now one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love how you altered that box. Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recycling / reusing project .
    Beautiful colours .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project, Jen!! Love those die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I saw this fabulous creation when I dropped by from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over from MIM. What a great redesign of that inhaler box-LOVE it. Glad you didn't break your toe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Just dropping by from Make-it-Monday to see your STUNNING Box..loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous and I love that vibrant blue! I saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects, very creative! Thanks for joining us at The One stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation!! Thanks for joining in with Joanna Sheen's Challenge this week.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Hi, Saw this over at MIM - what a fab idea and the colours look great! My cards are 52,57 and 251 this week if you'd like to take a look.
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER DUPER way to recycle a prescription box - I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for entering Scrap-It-Girl's "Small Things" July challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute project. Love this idea! Wonderful coloring and I love the dies you added. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your project. Love the dark blue!
    Thank you for joining us at CMC!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is really awesome! Love the colors and all beautiful details! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful box and a wonderful transformation, thanks for playing at Scrap It Girl, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project, wish my inhalers came in boxes like that!!! Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place.
    Trudie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Genius use of a box that would have ended up in the trash! Thanks for Jong the challenge at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Good Things come in Small Packages" Design Challenge. Your entry is so unique and fun!!! For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
    xoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful gift! Love the "pop" of blue! Thanks for entering the ScrapitGirl July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!