Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SKETCH CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

 

The Outlawz Wednesday's Sketch Challenge for 11 July is this one and although it looks relatively simple I found it a little difficult, with the fancy border, but that's why it's a challenge, right.  So I persevered and this is my contribution to the challenge:

(so sorry about the yellow tones in the pic but the weather here in Durban is really cold and dingy with full cloud cover so I had to use artificial light ../. and this is the result :() ...

The image featured here is one of my 'tests' ... a little drawing of mine which will be a digistamp soon to be released at Digistamps 4 Joy ./.. and I have called her "Becky Bikini".

The image is coloured using alcohol markers (mainly my Spectrum Noir set) and highlights with a white gel pen.  The frame and sentiment are from a chippie kit and the ribbon is from my scraps box.

The DP is a fabulous one by FabScraps, a South African company now exporting to the USA ... and the good news for the US crafters is that they will be at CHA!!! If you are going to be there ... be sure to check them out!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:
ELKE KAART EEN FEESTJE!, #123, 'HET IS ZOMER!/SUMMERTIME' (haha - niet in Zuid-Afrika! hier is het koud!)

luv'n huggz
jen leeflang
Durban
South Africa


14 comments:

  1. I wish I looked that good in a bikini. :)
    This is an adorable image. . . .beautifully colored and I love the papers and layout. Perfection!
    Thanks for playing along in the SUMMER FUN challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, great interpretation of the sketch, the image is adorable. I love your use of patterned paper/cs. Thank you for joining the challenge at JDE; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card - cute image which is well matched to your DP. Thanks for sharing your project at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw, prachtige zomerse kaart. Erg leuke digi.
    Bedankt voor je bijdrage bij eKeF.
    Groetjes Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een leuk en zomers kaartje! Gaaf plaatje!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new image you have used Jen! Thanks for joining us at Jacksons Digital Expressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sure says Summer!!
    thanks for playing in our Sassy Cheryl's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card,so cute! Great coloring,thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card...adorable image!
    Thank you so much for joining with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)

    PMS DT Yolie
    www.justyolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Summer Card!! I love it!! Thanks for joining in our EAC.
    Big Hugs
    Tina46

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Beautiful Card!! Love the Colors! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Jackson's Digital Expressions!! Come Back and play with us again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een leuke zomerse kaart!
    Bedankt voor het meedoen met EKEF!
    Groetjes Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute, she looks adorable! Thank you for playing along at Jacksons Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us for this "Anything Goes" challenge at Jackson Digital Expressions. Good luck and please join us again soon for future challenges. xx Rachelle JDE DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!