Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: NEW RELEASES :: WARM N SNUG

It’s Sunday, and time for some more NEW RELEASES in the Digistamps for Joy store today!


The new releases are a mixed bag of themes, and quite a number of BACK TO SCHOOL images too.  Click HERE  to link to the blog to see all today’s new release and the gorgeous cards made with some of them!
 This card features one of the new images I drew for the store, called "Warm 'n Snug" which I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen for the highlights.  


The DP is gift wrap the yummy colours of which influenced the colour palette of the image.  Other two scraps are offcuts from my scrap box - my 'go-to' for all those bits that are really small but far too pretty to toss out!
The kraft mat under the DP is recycled .. it started life as an ice cream cone box, and I cut some of the flowers from the same box.

Here is a closer look at the image:

The embellishments are some diecuts (from the ice cream cone box)and sequins, and a handmade flower:
I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
 
SIMPLY CREATE TOO, #18, ‘USE IT TWO TIMES AT LEAST’ – mine is the swirly diecuts - one in kraft and one in orange)



luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the colour scheme, rich and bright and your flower I great. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Fab'n'Funky.

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jen. Love those die cuts and your gorgeous colouring. Fabulous colour combo too.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you can join us again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thanks for joining the digi doodles challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen: Your card is beautiful--love the colors you chose. Glad you joined us for Challenge #18 - "Use it Twice"


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card jan,stunning colours and a fab design
    Thanks for joining us at digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jan, a great card with a fabulous striking colour scheme. Thank you for entering the Marianne Design challenge and the DT call. Good luck in both. Wishes, Suzanne DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card! I love the colors you used and your inage looks amazing! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge!

    Jackie, Fab 'n Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I'm impressed by all the details. You did a great job! Thanks for playing along with Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colours you have used... love the image & the dies too :)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Polkadoodles this week and hope to see you again soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Jen. I really love your use of recycled goodies!!!. Thank you for coming to play with us girls at Polka Doodles ad hope to see you again next week!!!. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your card Jen!! Great design and the colors are so beautiful!! So glad you joined us at Polka Doodles this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!