Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, July 19, 2012

BUGABOO STAMPS SPONSORS 'Through the Craft Room Door" Challenge

Through the Craft Room Door Challenge #30 is a Theme/photo/Colour Inspiration challenge, and this is the photograph:

 

Bugaboo Stamps is one of the sponsors, and as a Bugaboo DT member, I get to play along with the TTCRD DT too (okay so they didn't use my sample so I will add it as an entry for the challenge)

Here is my card:


To create my card I used the Bugaboo image called AKV Monkey Pirate - Treasure and printed it on the outside of the card into which I had cut a frame.   I coloured the image using alcohol markers and a white gel pen :


On the inside of the card, there is a square of metallic blue CS and to that I added a selection of metallic stickers, reminiscent of the fish and seaweed in the inspiration photograph.

The embellishment is a single gem and the sentiment (my own computer generated) makes reference to the gem.

Just by entering you could win any one of a number of prizes,  one of which is 7 images from Bugaboo Stamps!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:
INKY IMPRESSIONS, 'PHOTO INSPIRATION CHALLENGE' (I used the sea as my inspiration)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa


10 comments:

  1. Wow stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable scene. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful card!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is adorable. I love the bling. Thank you for joining us this week for the Inky Impressions challenge. Good luck and I hope you join us again soon. :o) ~ Tonya Inky DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! just fabulous!!thanks for joining us at Diva's this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I simply love this card! The details and the frame idea are both just perfect! Super fabulous project! Thank you for joining us this week at the Inky Impressions Challenge!

    Jackie, Inky Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww ) love the pirate theme on your underwater / colors of the sea card! You did a wonderful job! Your images are wonderful!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us on our THCRD challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image and your layout. Gorgeous sparkley paper you used. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Jen - really fits the theme of the challenge, thanks for joining us at TTCRD, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!