Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BUGABOO STAMPS :: CHRISTMAS IN JULY :: ANYTHING BUT A CARD MONDAY


Today’s challenge for you is to create ANYTHING BUT A CARD, and
We’d like you to create a Christmas project with an image not usually used for Christmas.

I used the image  “Hand in Hand” from the Bugaboo Stamps store and created a December 2012 calendar page, and added the Bible text, from Isaiah, 9:6.


Here is a better (detailed) pic:


In MS Word, I typed in the text and added the image, and then printed onto pastel coloured scrapbooking paper.  The paper is vaguely reminiscent of cracked paint on frescoes of days gone by, and the image reminded me of the ceiling of the famous Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo, in particular the portion of the hand of God. 
  The calendar is printed onto kraft cardstock.


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa


2 comments:

  1. Love your calendar! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts for our July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and unique looking!
    Thanks for sharing also at ABC!
    Good luck w/ the rest of the calendar!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!