Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, July 25, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ WEDNESDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE

The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch challenge has given this sketch to use:
 
and this is my MONOCHROME CAS card entered into the challenge:


I knew as soon as I saw the sketch that I had a die cut Fleur de Lis and matching paper that I just needed to use for this.  I hand cut a tag in the same shape as the sketch that I had already printed the Thomas Edison quote onto.  All the edges were inked/distressed, and I added a heart shaped gem and four round gems, and my card was complete.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN 
SOUTH AFRICA

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful creation I love the distressed vintage feel to it :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Alchemy this week
    *hugs* Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! LOVE the monochromatic feel and the use of fleur de lis! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation! I love the colors, especially all of that dark color with the yellow :) Thank you for playing with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Want to play more? Join me at {PIN}spirational Challenges http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com for another fantastic craft challenge!

    Lots of joy . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sentiment. Love the papers you chose too. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the antique and elegant look of this card! Wow, and your hand cut tag is simply perfect!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and elegant! Fabulous contrast against the black! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it;s so pretty love the elegant feel, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting When We Can this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Such a pretty and elegant vintage inspired card! Love the colors and pretty details!Thank you for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting use of a tag! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment on this card! Lovely and simple. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

    - Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love your paper! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!