Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TUESDAY'S COLOR CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ



Today's colour challenge is to create a card with the colours above, and the twist is to add ribbon,


and this is my entry:


This card features the image "Ballerina Gwen", one of my drawings as a digistamp in the Digistamps 4 Joy store here.

Here is a better look at the image : 


I coloured the image with my alcohol markers, and added white gel pen highlights.  The transparent skirt was glittered up using some crystal coloured glitter glue.

The other components used to make my card

DP (unknown source) as it is an offcut from my scrap bin (inked)
Cricut white border (inked) - thanks Mel!
deep cerise gems
white die cut butterfly
a spray of roses 
satin ribbon bow and a shiny bead

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
PAN PASTEL UK CHALLENGE, #26, 'ICE CREAM COLOURS' (my ice cream colours are "softest strawberry', 'peppy pistachio', 'morning mint', 'choco-nut' and 'cranberry cup')

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

16 comments:

  1. Jen this is gorgeous!!! I'm amazed at thow you managed to create the see through skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - and that skirt is amazing. Great DP and flowers. Thanks for continuing to play along at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Jacksons Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Jen.I love the colours and the effects you have achieved with your colouring and white pen. Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastels UK this week.
    Hugs {Brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Adorable is this card. I really love this image.
    I am so pleased you
    decided to join us for our Challenge.
    Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are soooo talented. That image is truly gorgeous! And of course you have colored her up beautifully. Love all the sparkles on the skirt.

    Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love the way you have coloured the image the skirt looks great.
    Thank you for playing along with us at CBN
    kaz.xx
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again. I truly love what you did with this card. The coloring is so fantastic.

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty. I love the transparent look. You are so very talented. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your talents with us at JDE; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along at MarkerPop.
    Hugs,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully colored! Thanks for playing with us at Markerpop! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, love how you colored her skirt! Thanks so much for playing along with the MarkerPop challenge! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card...her skirt is perfection! Thanks for playing the MarkerPop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your coloring; the skin, the shading of the clothes and the sheer of her skirt is awesome. Way to go! Thank you for participating on a Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge.

    Katya Bess
    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com
    J.D.E. DT member

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!