Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, July 5, 2012

A DELICIOUS FREEBIE FOR JULY FROM DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY


Margy has designed a fabulous and delicious looking July freebie from Digistamps 4 Joy that will be available from tomorrow.The image is called Strawberries & Cream and Margy created a beautiful card with it:



Doesn't that look appetizing?

I decided to dip my strawberries in some glossy melted chocolate:


The elements on my card were arranged according to the sketch at The Outlawz, and for the rest, here is what I did:
Coral coloured CS with a white core was embossed and lightly sanded to add the faux shininess to the hearts and then it was matted onto red CS.
An X-cut die was used to cute and create the red heart gem centred flower, cut out by hand, then matted onto white CS which was also hand cut.
Three heart gems were added in the bottom right hand corner.
The image was printed onto white CS and coloured using my new sets of Spectrum Noir markers I received in the mail yesterday. I added Glossy Accents to make the chocolate positively YUMMY looking and to show the condensation on the bowl. Perhaps that shows up better in the photograph above.

Now the image is not available yet, but it will be tomorrow ... and it is available for ONLY 2 days on our blog, after which it goes into the store. So be prepared for this release!!!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
THE OUTLAWZ, SKETCH CHALLENGE, 4 JULY (where I flipped the sketch) 

 
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY, 'ANYTHING GOES' - + I used Glossy Accents
CRAFT YOUR PASSION, #117, 'CHILLIN & GRILLIN' (my card is the chillin' part,
 showing a fabulous bowl of chilled strawberries dipped in chocolate)

I would LOVE to see what you create with the Strawberries and Cream image.

Don't forget that it will be up on the blog tomorrow!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

9 comments:

  1. Yummy creations by you and Margy. I am literally drooling on this side.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! This looks tasty. Love the way you coloured the image and the shiny chocolate looks good enought to eat. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks sooo good now I am hungry. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely yummy! Great way to use glossy accents. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most scrumptious card!! I loooove that you added chocolate to them and the shimmers are wonderful.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 would love it if you could visit.
    There is also some candy HERE!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well those look yummy. Fabulous cards. Both look amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Creation! Thank you for playing with us this time at Stamp N Plus! We Hope you Come Back and Play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!