Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 10, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ - WDNESDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE

                      This week's Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz challenges you to work with this sketch:
A little bit daunting, that's what I thought .... but I decided to take up the challenge and this is what I came up with, a card just perfect for a man, I think.


The image featured on my card is called  , and it's an image I drew for the Digistamps 4 Joy store.
It's coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen.  Here is a detail pic of the image only:


I thought it would be difficult to colour, so I had to give it a test run.  To my surprise it actually is fun to colour, because as you add the different colours the bird starts to take on an identity and elegance all of its own!

To construct the card I used a diecut shape, cut in half, offcuts of black CS, offcuts of ribbon, and stick on sentiments and corners.

I think this image can be used for almost any occasion, and depending on what papers and embellishments you use with it, can be used for both a woman's or a man's card.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jen...love the way you coloured this image. Did you use your white pen on his chest. It looks so elegant.

    Hugs ~ Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I just had to come over and view your card again after seeing it in the Sketch Challenge. Now, I am even more blown away finding out that you drew this beauty as well as colored it. Your talent, my friend, is awesome! I agree with your comments about thinking it would be difficult as well as it being multi purpose. I, too, am curious about your use of the white pen. Hug, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is gorgous..Love your colours..

    Hi by the way..lol

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

    Caz CC DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty bird...and prettier card! Thanks so much for joining us (again) at Can You Digi It? this week!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jen. Great image and colours. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen this is a beautiful card and I love the image.I don't get by your blog often enough, I'm sorry. Just love all the silver embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, this is amazing! Your image is wonderfully drawen (wow!) and wonderfully colored as well. True Art this is!!! Congrats on your win at Can You Digi It?! Love, love, love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely lovely! the bird is just GORJE (but maybe i'm crazy - i'm not seeing flowers, luv!) and the peel-offs are totally classy. thanks so much for sharing with the Charisma Galz! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is a beautiful image, love the card, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop this week,hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!