Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BUGABOO STAMPS SPONSORS THE 'COME AND GET IT' CHALLENGE

Bugaboo is sponsoring the current 'Come and Get it' Challenge and this time it's a colour challenge:

 
This is the card I made for your inspiration :


My card features the Bugaboo image called "Zebra".  I coloured  using alcohol markers and added buttons in the colour of the zebra. The buttons are from my granny's button box (I have a cake tin FULL of odd, old and fabulous buttons.  The raffia is from a skein I bought many years ago (gee whizz - that stuff lasts forever!). The bead embellishment is made from traditional Zulu beads that are real seed pods (those beads are from a bead chandelier that I bought at a car boot sale years ago especially to salvage and recycle those fabulous beads!)

I think this is a great masculine card, one that any boy/man would love.  There are no fussy flowers, ribbons or frills, and words of love or soppy sentiment in the greeting.

For further interest :  The background of the photograph features a DP that has a Shwe Shwe print (pronounced shwear shwear), a fabric that is now very popular for all ethnic groups in South Africa.

Anyhow, back to the challenge - just be entering you could win fabulous Bugaboo images - click here to link to the Come and Get it challenge blog.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges :


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like the way your coloured your zebra and combined it with that paper in the background. Excellent card for a guy in your life. Thank you for sharing your creation with us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week.
    I hope you can join us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and such a sweet card, thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, such a great image and I love the colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cool, and unique card. I love the colours!
    Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors. Thanks for playing along with Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!