Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: NEW RELEASE :: ZEN BIRD

One of the new releases today at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY today is an image I drew last week, called ZEN BIRD. I love zentangle style images with all their detail and fine lines - they loook daunting to colour but actually aren't!  This one was such fun and the detail on it gives you artistic license to use some quirky colours and backgrounds.

Here is my  card using the image:



As you can see, I used some really bold colours of alcohol markers and did some highlighting with a white gel pen:



  The DP is some really, really (yes I mean almost 12 + years old vintage!) cardstock that seemed to work perfectly for the image and the colours I used.  There are two 'shadowed images in the background that I left uncoloured, and the sentiment is my own, created in MS Word.

As embellishments I used a row of fabric daisy trim sewn on with sequins and beads, and feathers and a gorgeous large gem.


This is not the only new release today ... 
Click HERE to see the others
Click HERE to see some fabulous cards made by the DT using the new images

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:

TWO SISTERS, #103, ‘ANYTHING GOES’
CHALLENGE UP YOUR LIFE, #75, ‘EVERYTHING GOES’
CRAFTYMESS CHALLENGE, #14, ‘BIRDS’
SPEEDY FOX & FRIENDS, #119, ‘BACK TO NATURE’
INSPIRE ME FRIDAYS, #70, ANYTHING GOES’
PAPER CRAFTING JOURNEY, ‘ANYTHING GOES’
FOR YOUR INSPIRATION, #35 (I felt the color play on the architecture looked exactly like the colour play on my bird) (sorry - Blogger won't allow me to add the inspirational photograph here!)
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Jen. Love how you have created movement with the three sized birds and of course your colouring is just to die for.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining in with us over on the CraftyMess challenge blog.
    What a wonderful colourful and textures card. Love the bird and how it's coloured in as well as all the embellishments.
    Love Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYTHING you do is ALWAYS gorgeous! i love your extras too.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring on your bird! Thanks for joining in with FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is amazing hun thanks for entering are challenge over at craftymess. nicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors. Love the feather. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colourful ard. Love the image and colouring. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters challenge blog this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox And Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week , good luck with the chsllenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a striking card. Love the image and the lovely use of bright vibrant colours.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us over at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your colouring and the feathers match so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful - fabulous coloring and love the feathers! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! That bird is so vibrant. Great coloring job. So glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!