Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BUTTERFLY FLIP FLOPS

The Monday Greeting Card challenge at The Outlawz is CHILLERS - "Show us how you chill out in the Summer heat".

This is the card I created for the challenge:


To make this card I drew (freehand) the shape of a flip flop sole onto pink cardstock, cut it out freehand and inked the edges.  Onto that I added an offcut of bvutterfly printed DO and added a diecut butterfly embellished with three lilac gems.  Using a gel pen I added faux stitching and then matted the flip flop onto white cardstock to give it a more authentic look.

The sentiment is a store-bought one, and I attached it using pink satin ribbon and a bow embellished with a gem.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

365 CARDS, DAY 153, 'COMFORT ZONE' (for me my comfort zone starts with me putting on my flip flops always with bling)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card for summer! Love the colors and hand drawn flip flop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Guess I should have checked TTT first lol. As you know I like your card and your pretty hot pink ribbon certainly draws the eye. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge. (In case you're wondering, I first spotted your card on MIM and popped over)
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...love that bright pink ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, what a fab card! Great colour and the flip-flop is a great idea.

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Dream Valley.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ein tolles Kärtchen ist das geworden, danke fürs Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!

    Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! You've created a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is totally cute. I love the flip flop design and the fab ribbon you've used too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!