Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, August 9, 2012

AN AFRICAN THEMED WEDDING GUEST BOOK

I was commissioned to decorate a store bought Journal which is to be used as a Guest Book at a wedding with an African theme decor. 

I was given the invitation as inspiration:

 This is the finished product:


As the journal was covered in the beautiful embossed leather-like cover I chose not to cover it.  I matted some leopard skin inspired paper onto black CS, and on top of that added some zebra print paper, also onto a black mat.    I echoed the raffia and wooden beads from the invitation but upscaled them a little, and added a generous raffia bow from which I hung two metal hearts, embossed with the word "love".

The black and white zebra print store bought gift bag (visible in the first photograph) will serve as the 'envelope' for the guest book.  I removed the satin ribbon and replaced it with a raffia bow with some beads.

I hope the couple will enjoy their book when they see it at their wedding reception on Saturday, as I believe it is a surprise.

I would like to add this project to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA


4 comments:

  1. wow! this is breathtaking! a splendid and very cool creation! love it!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this is lovely Jen! You've done an awesome job
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic alteration, it will be well admired at the Wedding I', sure.
    Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Anything but a card * challenge

    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!