Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ, FRIDAY 10 AUGUST CHALLENGE : CIRCUS/CARNIVAL

Today's challenge at The Outlawz is to create, using alcohol markers, a project around the Circus/Carnival theme.

This is my entry, using an image (free colouring page) off the internet, coloured using my alcohol markers:


Here is a closer look at the image:

I added a LOT of bling to this card in the form of glitter glue to the cheeks and chin.  Glittered foam sheets were used to die cut shapes as mats, and stick on gems.  There is a BIG red organza bow and a smaller gold one.  Carnivals are all about over the top bling, and that's what I tried to portray in my Mardi Gras colour themed card.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jen :-) The carnival mask is fab and I love the colours and details :-) Gorgeous!

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the glitter and sparkle, Jen! Thank you for joining us at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a fab card, love all the sparkle, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with all glitter!! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!