Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, August 19, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY :: NEW RELEASE SUNDAY :: ZULU MAN


One of the new releases today at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY  is an image I drew, called 

"ZULU MAN"

Here is my card using the image:



I coloured the image using alcohol markers and a white gel pen:


 To construct my card I used a black mat for the image, as well as the striped DP.  The background DP has been pasted directly onto the black base card.  The embellishment is a twine tie which has been threaded through 3 wooden beads that have been in my stash for at least 35 years (I used them on macrame at school - I matriculated in 1975!).

This is not the only new release today ...
Click HERE to see the others and

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image! I love your card. The fact that you knew where your beads were after all this time is an amazing thing in and of itself! Thank you for joining the Frosted Designs Twine/Ribbon Challenge. Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beading you added to your twine!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Looove those beads on your twine! And what a stash raid too! 35 years?! I'm glad you finally used them! You coloured your zulu man fabulously! I love the detail using the gel pen gives him! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the detail in your image is fantastic Jen. Love the colouring on your card too! Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,
    Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle, I really like how you have created this wonderful card and I love these embellishments !!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything just works so well together on your card - the colors, the patterns and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!