Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 24, 2012

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS CARD

I am a member of the Durban Creative Card Guild that meets every month, and one of our activities is a monthly card swap where we make 5 cards, swap 4, and donate one to the "Charity Box"  At the end of the year we donate a box of at least 150 cards to each of 2 or 3 charities.

The theme for this month's swap is "Any Card Technique" and I decided to use stitching on my card, and that my cards will be for Breast Cancer Awareness.  This is one of the five identical cards I made:


To make this card I used a Marianne's Creatables die to cut the oval, and stuck that to the DP which had been matted onto the same pink CS as the diecut.  I used a prick and stick method in a faux spirelli technique using the black thread.

A  large shiny pink gem was attached to the oval diecut as well as a pink satin ribbon bow from which a metal charm of the work HOPE is hanging.


NOTE : In real life the pink satin ribbon is a shade paler than the pink in the DP, but the flash of the camera has changed it's colour so that it looks peach/apricot in colour!  All the other colours are true but I think the shininess of the satin has affected the colours ... SORRY ... I wish it could have shown the true colours.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
JUST INSPIRATIONAL, WEEK 42, (My inspiration was the pinks and the gems)

luv'n huggz
Jen leeflang
Durban
South Africa

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card, I think the stitching looks great, thanks for joining us in the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, really unique and pretty card, lovely colours.
    Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Jen, and great way to use that diecut with the thread. Thanks for sharing and good luck in the challenge. Hugs Frea, DT Member LMM Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!! thank you for joining us for our pins and/or charms challenge.
    Hugs NIKKI
    craft-room challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Your card is fabulous, I love the threading technique you've used, and your charm looks beautiful hanging from the ribbon. Thanks for joining in with our Charms/Pins theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! The thread on the oval die cut is awesome and I just love the Hope charm! Thanks for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along this week at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card x thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational xx Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation Jen - very creative and for a wonderful cause. Thanks so much for playing at LITTLE MISS MUFFET this time. Many hugs:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!