Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, August 5, 2012

A FUN CARD FOR 'BACK TO SCHOOL'

The Sunday CAS Challenge at The Outlawz today is to create a school-related card and this is what I made:

To start off, I framed a piece of black cardstock with grey textured cardstock, leaving a wider border at the bottom to create the backboard ledge. I used a white gel pen to scribble on the blackboard to make it look a little more real.

To make the pencils I used toothpicks, coloured with my Copics, and made a teeny tiny little box out of maroon cardstock to stack them in.  The little slipcover of the pencil box is covered in black on white DP that resembles a colouring page. 

 The sentiment "School Life" is a puffy store bought sticker.  To finish off the card some baker's twine was used to 'tie' the whole project together.

Oh, and by the way, the hamburger is a fridge magnet, and a delicious looking fake too! LOL!

I would like to add this CAS card to the following challenges:

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa



4 comments:

  1. very cute and creative! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made that into a blackboard. Great idea. This is wonderful.
    Follow my blog for fun monthly challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, this is a super cute little gift set for a teacher! Thank you for playing the C4C with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Jen....the effort you have put into those pencils !! The whole idea of your card is fab and well done !! Thanks for joining us this week at CSD !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!