Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A COLOUR CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ



I am so honoured to be invited as a Guest Designer at The Outlawz for the month of August.
This week's challenge is to create with the colours on the right and to add pearls to your creation.

Just by playing along in August you stand to win a prize from the generous  sponsor, The Stamping Boutique.

 

My inspiration card using the colours features an image I drew and is now available in the Digistamps 4 Joy store, called "Happy Hour" ... I can identify with this little scene, but I don't know if my legs ever looked this good though!


The image is coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen for the doodling and highlights.  Here is a better look at the image:

I was fortunate to find a perfect match in DP amongst my offcuts.  The sentiment is my own, and compouter generated on MS Word.

To add the pearl twist I sewed on an offcut of Ssuper shiny white braid and sewed on some little (white) pearl beads (a girl's gotta have bling.- braid, and some class - pearls!)

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

18 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Jen. Your take on the colour inspiration is absolutely wow.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine klasse Karte und ein cooles Motiv. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cool card with a great image.
    Thanks for joining us at CYP.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful. I love this image and the sentiment are great.
    This is a great Creation. I would like to thank you for coming to our weekly challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Challenge Blog.
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noe this is girly or what! Great card !Thanks for playing along with us at Incy Wincy Designs!

    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. Your colouring is amazing.
    Thank you for joining us at our creative stamp friends
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, thankyou for joining in with us at Kaboodle Doodles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Really good job on adding details to the image. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodles Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Really good job on adding details to the image. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodles Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That´s so very cute! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great image :-)
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challengeblog!
    Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card, love the stamp! Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great card, love how you used the white pen!!! thanks for joining us at the kaboodle doodles challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sassy and fabulous card! Love the image too. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Sister’s Day” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card
    thank you for joining us this time at Incy Wincy
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hugs Eva GDT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning card!! Love that image and the way you have coloured it.. the colours really pop! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!