Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, August 12, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ SATURDAY CHALLENGE

The challenge for Saturday, 11 August at The Outlawz is to create a papercraft project portraying how you keep cool this summer. 

Here is a card I created with a Bugaboo stamp called Knobbly Knees - Ice Cream Scoop


Now who doesn't love a double scoop of chocolate and vanilla topped with gooey chocolate sauce and a cherry?

The image is coloured using alcohol markers, Glossy Accents and glitter glue.

I used some DP offcuts (another deep dumpster dive unearthed these perfect matches), fibre, buttons and a scrap piece satin ribbon (just long enough for the little ties) to construct this card.  The sentiment is my own, generated in MS Word.  This will fit perfectly into the Just us Girls Challenge, #149, where we are asked to use up our ribbon scraps!

 JUGS Blinkie

I love the bright and cheerful look this card has ended up having, I think it's due to the  shades of blue which always give a fresh feeling.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

19 comments:

  1. Great card. Thank you for joining the lastest dare over at the Daring Cardmakers. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Ani
    P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that image! Fun card. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen--this card is to cute! Great sentiment for the image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Jen - love the image and gorgeous trim thanks for playing along at Delightful Challenges this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! That digi is super cute! :) Ty for joining us for the Simply Create Too Challenge!


    Amanda
    Simply Create Too DT Member
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing and joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox and Friends this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a big scoop of ice cream. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love this image! Darling! Beautiful coloring! Thank you for joining the Inky Impression team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the use of fiber on your project, thank you for sharing with us @ Delightful Challenges this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take one of those LOL! Perfect ice cream day here! Love the ribbon on the buttons and the thread down the side. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eine richtig süße Karte hast du gewerkelt!
    Danke für´s Mitmachen bei CUYL!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love ice cream. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just fabulous! I love the shine and the touch of the buttons along the side. This ice cream looks good enough to eat! Thank you for joining us this week at the Inky Impressions Challenge!

    Jackie, Inky Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card! I just ate a sundae similar to the one you have created here in paper! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, this is just adorable. I love the buttons, ribbon and fibers. Thanks for sharing at Delgihtful Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is absolutely scrumptious. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card!! Your colouring is fantastic. What a great way to use your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!