Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 24, 2012

MEET THE BUMPKINS .... BUGABOO'S FREEBIE FRIDAY!

If you thought pumpkins belonged in one of the food groups, think again ...
Meet the

BUMPKINS! 

This little family belongs in your family group!!!


This cute little family of BUMPKINS is the freebie from Bugaboo Stamps for this week!!  Who would ever think of chopping these use for making a pie .... LOL!

Aren't they just the cutest!!!  You can own this image (for free!) by clicking here to go to the download.

Note: Bugaboo Stamps makes every attempt to get our digital images uploaded to our store by noon EST for Freebie Friday, but please accept our apologies and check back later in the day if they're not there at that time.

I printed the image onto printed DP and coloured using alcohol markers.   A white gel pen was used for the highlights.


I used a leaf print DP onto which I added some die cut leaves, a spray of berries (the flash from the camera made these very sparkly) and some berry coloured twine as a bow.  The cut out letters spelling "FALL" are really old and from a sticker pack that I bought years ago.  I forgot I had those cos here in South Africa we call Fall "Autumn" so I had never used them - what luck!

There are 8 layers on top of the base card - a first for me - I have never successfully managed to add so many layers to one card. 


I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

365 CARDS, DAY 176, IT’S A TEXTURAL THING – my 3 techniques are textured printed DP, textured ribbon trim (green) and embossing around the Diecut
WISHCRAFT, WASTE NOT WEDNESDAY, WEEK 28 (My “FALL” sentiment is my forgotten element)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

1 comment:

  1. Lovely textures.. for a moment I thought there was burlap too! :)
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!