Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, October 7, 2012

SUNDAY'S CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Sunday's CAS challenge at The Outlawz is to create a CAS card for a child and I immediately thought that there was no better artist to choose an image from than Mo Manning!  Isn't this a fabulous image ... he reminds me so much of my three boys when they were young - in summer we used to inflate a little pool for each of them and they would spend hours and hours playing in our garden, under the patio so they wouldn't get too sunburnt!

 Here is my card:


The image featured here is SUMMER BABY, available in the Mo's Digital Pencil Store HERE, and it has been coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen.  I added Glossy Accents to the water area and a little 'sprinkling' of Stickles to the star on the ball.  Here is a better look at the image:
As you can see, I printed the image onto canvas textured CS, and once coloured the finished look is just fabulous!  The flash of the camera has picked up on the texture of the Glossy Accents well.  (TIP : When your Glossy Accents is starting to dry, use a pin to create some texture, as you can see I have done in the areas around the arms and legs.)

To construct my card I have used the following :

a white textured CS base card (the same as the image was printed on)
an oval die to cut out the image
turquoise round gems
an offcut of ribbon
the sentiment is computer generated (my own)

(now to find someone who has a grandson with a birthday coming up soon .. as my grandsons are all as yet unborn..... LOL)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban

15 comments:

  1. Very cute card, the water looks so real. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious! Love how you have colored him, and the glossy accents are so neat! Thanks for playing along at Come and Get It this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! I'm so glad you joined us this week and your creation is just ADORABLE (as ever!). Your coloring just keeps getting better & better and I am SO JEALOUS!! LOL!
    Thanks so much for joining our "TIC-TAC-TOE" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, oh my, how adorable. Love this image and your coloring! Love the CAS design! And thank you for the tip on the Glossy Accents. (I usually only use gloss on eyes, but like the idea of the texture for water!)
    Hey, you could always file this away and save it for a future grandson.
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. You didn't listen to me and slow down. Gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh.. this cars is stunning!! Love your coloring!!

    And love the glossy Accents :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo`s Digital Challenge!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the glossy accents for the water and thanks for the tip too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mo manning images too - you made a fab CAS card with this one!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody!
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cate - great colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card!! Such a fab image and gorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck in the draw!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous coloring and love the image. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is soooo cute!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning work, and such a cute image. thanks for joining SC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear Jen, gorgeous card, love the digi and such great colouring. thanks for joining the challenge at Shelly's Images.

    Amanda
    shelly's images dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card hun! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wauw...wonderful card with a sweat little boy!

    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images! Hope you join us again!!

    Hugs Priscilla
    Shelly's Images Dt

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!