Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY : WORLD CARDMAKING DAY BLOG HOP CARD

If you have arrived here for the blog hop or would like to join in Digistamps 4 Joy's World Cardmaking Day  Blog Hop, please click HERE.

(you might want to join in the hop as there are 12 prizes to be won!)

This easel card features the image I drew for Digistamps 4 Joy called "I Do".

 
I coloured using my alcohol markers, mainly the grey tones.  These were some of the very first ones I bought a little over a year ago and they are still my favourites!

As you can see I added some white gel pen for the highlights and Stickles on the bride's dress.

These are the supplies I used on my card:
cream coloured base card
offwhite textured CS
turquoise CS for the mats
turquoise diecuts of swirls and leaves
patterned CS with bling gems
die to cut out the image
sewn on sequins and beads
metal corner
my own made stickpin
turquoise satin ribbon bow
glass button and pale blue satin ribbon loop (bottom right hand corner of image/diecut)
spray of flowers ... here is a better look at the flowers ...
And here is a close-up of the fabulous sparkly button :

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

FLUTTERBY WEDNESDAYS, 3207, 'ANYTHING GOES' - there is a butterfly on my stickpin
GINGERLOFT, #49, 'STITCHING REAL OR FAUX' - all my sequins and beads are sewn on
THE PAPER PLAYERS, #115, 'TIC-TAC-TOE' - BUTTON-WEDDING-YELLOW & GREY
SUGAR CREEK HOLLOW, #31, 'THINGS WITH WINGS' -there is a butterfly on my stickpin

luv'n huggz
jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

19 comments:

  1. Stunning creation, just love the colours & the spray of flowers WOW!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! And what a fun image when you have a closer look. ;) Smashing in all! I came via MIM to have a look...
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card! The image is lovely! Thanks for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jen :-) I love this image, beautiful and I love the cheeky hand placement :) all the details and sparkle are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! What a naughty groom! Fantastic wedding card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny image and those flowers are so stunning. Great job!!! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous....Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so gorgeous with all the intricate details - lovely card and thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sparkles! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the coloring and wonderfu embellishments added.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Love all of the sparkles on the happy couple ))) Thanks for sharing your great creation with us at Whoopsi Daisy.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen, what a fabulously sparkly creation this is. Thanks for joining in the fun at Totally Gorjuss. So pleased you did. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card, love the flowers thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at OSAAT this week.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card and image. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card...my favourite colours too!!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful can Jen! Wow! I can't believe it - you drew a fabulous image!!! You are amazing! Thank you for joining us at MarkerPop! Hope to see you again on our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really gorgeous creation :-) Thank you so much for joining my all crafts challenge, and please feel free to enter again, I love your work! Elaine at Craft My Life-xxx-

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!