Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, October 1, 2012

FIGHT LIKE A GIRL :: THINK PINK

The card I made today is a BREAST CANCER AWARENESS card, using an image I drew for Digistamps 4 Joy :


It is coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen, and the ribbon around the bra and the heart is actually pink but in the flash of the camera it has come out quite peach - sorry!

Here is a better view of the image:

 The card is constructed according to the card sketch at Let's Scrap, where I have joined the October LOAD (layout a day) group - well... read " card a day ' for cardmakers.  This is the card sketch that I chose to work with ...


For the rest of the card, I used the following:
white base card
pink for the mats
pink gingham DP
offcut of pink hearts and roses DP
pink satin ribbon
pink pearl  and silver brad

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa






15 comments:

  1. Wow- this is wonderful! What a great image! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on the Greetings challenge & loved it there! It is a terrific card, Jen! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card and i so love the image!! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jen. This is perfect. Great image and I love the words too. Great design too. Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card ,a your image is just wonderful ...I love it
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image ~ thanks for joining our challenge at Mygrafico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Jen, perfect for our 'pink' challenge at Lexi's Creations, so glad you could join us!

    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe you card makes me smile and is very inspirational! Love your creation.

    Spotted it over at MIM and super glad I did.

    Tamie
    #186

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, perfect for our challenge! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This image is fantastic!! Love your colouring!!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Jen, Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.

    And good luck.

    Caz xx CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning creation!
    Gorjuss colours and love that fab image!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges this time
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Jen, thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Bloggers Network monthly challenge

    Sarah (CBN DT)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!