Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, May 23, 2014

KEWPIE DOLLS

I remember owning a kewpie doll in the 60's when I was a child, and she had a yellow knitted dress that my mum made.  I was amazed to learn that they were first conceived as a comic strip in 1909 by Rose O'Niell.  I had completely forgotten about them until I got to colouring a vintage image from a sheet by Nicecrane Designs, called Kewpies and Kids.  

The Kewpies And Kids DSL

Here is my card made with one of the images:


I used alcohol markers and a white gel pen to co,our the image.  I overemphasized their rosy cheeks to give their cute little faces a little extra charm:


To create my card I used the following from my hoarded stash:

blue cs card base - distressed
blue cs mats  - distressed
cream cs on which image was printed a coloured   - distressed
three different patterned papers  - distressed
washi tape
peel off sentiment
lace
twine
sewn on sequins and pearls
flower and leaf
flat back pearls
butterfly sequin

Thanks for popping by today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!