Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, May 13, 2014

FOR A MAN

The image on  my card is the other image I chose for my prize from Delicious Doodles


I  was a little apprehensive about colouring it, but once I started I loved what was growing under my marker tips - and the result looks much like a photograph:


I loved creating the cloudy sky!


Once coloured, I used a blue CS mat for my image, and added pearls to the four corners.

The background is wood print DP, which I distressed, and added the following embellishment :


I left the card without a sentiment, as I thought it a pretty much 'general' card for a man, either birthday, Father's Day, get well, retirement or a 'just because' reason.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:


15 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card! You have colored this image to perfection and it coordinates so well with the rest of your design. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week, please come back and play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW oh WOW what a wonderful project..you are very talented..

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! You've done a beautiful job coloring and I really love that sky! Awesome job! And the knot at the bottom is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and love the beautiful image and colouring -perfect B.paper and love the knot embellishment-thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful coloring, just a beautiful presentation. Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is stunning its lovely thank you for sharing with TTPH

    Jacqui DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect colouring of the digi stamp, I very much like your rope embellishment, very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck. Caz x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, it does look like a photograph. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes/twist of Gems or Rhinestones." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “Blue and brown”. I love to see Teri's scenes used for cards as they are some of my favourites. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing colouring, what a fantastic card. I even know that harbour, that spot...it's about an hours drive from where I stay and it looks just as you have coloured it, perfect, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! The image really does look like a photograph! Your colouring is absolutely amazing. Love the wood-grain paper and fence border at the bottom too. They work so wonderfully well with your image. FABULOUS job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colouring of a great image. Love everything on your card

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guys this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your colouring of the image and the extra elements you added.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I first looked at this I thought it was a photograph! It is just beautiful and your coloring is perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is exquisite! Your coloring is spectacular and your card design around it is superb! This is a masterpiece. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!