Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, May 22, 2014

FAUX PEWTER CARD


The circular metal part on my card is made from the metal seal on the top of an instant coffee tin :

I use a die to cut it, then an embossing older  which then removes the waffle embossing pattern altogether: 


As I am not feeling too well today (a head cold) I sat in my reclining chair and did some hand beading on the diecut:

little metal roses, pearls, pink sequins and transparent seed beads:


Also used on my card are the following from my hoarded stash:

white CS card base
white cs mat
black cs mat - edges hand cut
grey cs background
printed sentiment, cut with a circle punch

Thanks for looking today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter my card into the following challenge:





2 comments:

  1. Jen great card and like the idea of the recycle coffee can foil. Great look and beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our bingo challenge. Hope your head cold if better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative. Love that you upcycled from your coffee can. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie t

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!