Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A VINTAGE/MONOCHRMATIC COLOUR CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Friday, 6 January's challenge on The Outlawz was to use Copics or Promarkers and create a card with a monochromatic or vintage colour scheme.
Here is what I made:

I merged two digital  images from  Nana Vic's Store, called Playtime Puddles, and coloured using my Copics and a white gel pen.  The puddles under their feet have been given the Glossy Accents treatment, and the DP mats are offcuts from my scraps box.  The lace is genuine vintage,probably about 50 years given to me by my mum, after it was given to her by my grandmother.  I added the sentiment from a new set (self adhesive) I bought recently, and the buttons and satin ribbon are from my stash too.

I'd like to add this to the following challenge :
Creative Inspirations Paint, "Celebrating Love"
One Stitch at a Time, #95, "Use Embellishments"
Sir Stampalot Challenge, "Monochromatics"
That Craft Place, #3, "Buttons and Bows"

luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban, South Africa

7 comments:

  1. What a super creation Jen and beautifully coloured images.

    What a fabulous array of inspiration here Esther. No way can I pick a favourite as I love them all.

    Thanks so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, absolutely outstanding,.,,,, My kind of crafting! Thanks for joining at That Craft Place challenge, and good luck!
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Love the embellishments too. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image and beautifully colored, love the ribbon and lace, thanks so much for joining our "Embellishments" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time, hope to see you again soon
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous monochromatic creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely entry for our Monochromatic challenge
    thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!