Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY AT "CATCH THE BUG"

Bugaboo Stamps releases a new set of stamps each Tuesday, and today's are JUST fabulous, perfect for Valentine's Day that is around the corner!

Who was Saint Valentine?

Wikipedia describes it as follows:
Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day,[1][2][3] is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions.[1][3] The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
Modern Valentine's Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.[4]

But because we still like to make handmade cards, the images from Bugaboo are just perfect FOR SOME REALLY CUTE Valentine's cards!  Here's a card I made with one of the new images:
I chose to add the word "DAD" to my heart because my dad would have celebrated his 81st birthday on 14 February (sadly he only lived to the age of 67 - I miss you, and will always love you DAD!)

The heart is paper-pieced using the same DP as the background.  I coloured it with Copics and just love the way that it appears all puffy!  The little flower corsage was created separately and I attached the little sequins with some tiny 2mm seed beads.

Click HERE to link to the Catch the Bug blog, where you will be able to see the rest of the fabulously talented Bugaboo DT's creations using this image.  Once there, you will be able to link to the Bugaboo Stamps Store where you will see the rest of the new images in this set.

luv'n'huggz
jen leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I'd like to add this card to the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card . The coloring is amazing .

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.
    Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How SWEET! Love Bugaboo! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM and remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, you will have many happy memories I'm sure. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooops, deleted my comment by mistake, sorry. Anyway, what a beautiful card. Love your flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, and gorgeous floral embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable, I love your image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love this image, it's so sweet :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute image! Simply adorable! Glad I saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the image and your colors. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Jen. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!