Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, January 19, 2012

ANOTHER TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY WITH SHELLY'S IMAGES, but ...

... this one's a little more thrilling than others!  We are celebrating our 2nd Birthday!!!  It doesn't seem possible, but two years ago Shelly's Images.com.opened its cyber doors!


So much has happened in those two years.  We have learned a lot.  We made lots of great friends, and continue to make changes at the blog to try to always inspire you. We now offer some video tutorials which we hope entertain and teach you or remind you of a technique that you might not have used for awhile.  And even the process of making the digi stamps has changed from the old fashioned pen and pencil with a lightbox to a very cool Wacom Cintiq.  

To celebrate we are giving away some special blog candy. 
 


 So how do you enter?  It's so easy .. just click HERE to get all the details!

Well, then, on to our challenge for the week:  It's another of our famed "Show us what you got!" (aka "Anything Goes")
Here is my inspiration for you - a card I made using the image called " from the Shelly's Images store.

It's mid summer here in South Africa and scenes like this are right on my doorstep, as I live on the east coast. in Durban.  (eat your hearts out, those of you living in the Northern Hemisphere!) LOL.  Our north and south coast resorts are now not so busy as the upcountry holidaymakers have left.
I coloured the image using Copics, and used a white gel pen for the accents and highlights. The embellishments are some rough twine, a Copics-coloured deckchair that started life as being luminous yellow! and a store bought oval sentiment tag that I thought was just perfect for the theme.  

So now you see how easy it is, I'd like to remind you of a few simple rules:

1. Link directly to your blog post entry, NOT your entire blog.
2. Shelly's Images are NOT required (but we'd LOVE to see them).
3. New projects ONLY ... NO back linking.
4. Your entry follow the theme.
5. Only FIVE entries per challenge PLEASE.
6. Challenge entry ends at 12:00 Noon (CST) on Wednesday.

Click HERE to add your project to the inlinkz.

luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South AFRICA

I'D LIKE TO ENTER THIS CARD IN THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
Sundays with Crissy, "Beat the Winter Blues"- if the sun is shining, go to the beach!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen~~Wow what a wonderful card :) Oh yes I am one of them there living in the way NORTH--it is 0 degrees out today~~BBBRRRRRRR!!!!
    Enjoyed visiting and great take on the challenge at Sunday's with Crissy!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card,love the image.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sundays with Crissy.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!