Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, January 30, 2012

MONDAY'S GREETING CARD CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

I love taking part in the Greeting card challenge every Monday on The Outlawz.

Today's theme was 'HEARTS' - not necessarily Valentines, and this is what I made:


I printed the sentiment (one of my own) straight onto the card, and used a Marianne's Creatables corner die which I then cut out and used as an embellishment.  To that I added stickles to accentuate the heart on it, another little gold heart and two little gold gems.  A strip of gold card was added along the base to ground the card.

I would also like to add this to the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenges, #141, "I {Heart} You
Creative Inspirations Paints, "Someone Special"
Pan Pastel UK, #3, "Glitter and Glitz"
Paper Sundaes, #105, "Valentine's"
Sentimental Sundays, #87, "Dry Embossing"
The Hybrid Chick, #11, Punches/Dies

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

11 comments:

  1. Classic, elegant and classy as well as beautiful ... I like this a lot ! Thank you for joining us at the PanPastel UK challenge this week. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplicity at it's best Jen. A very elegant card. Thanks for linking to the PanPastel UK Challenge blog.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, gorgeous card, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant is the word as my colleagues have mentioned. Nice textured feel on the center piece.

    Thank you for entering on PanPastel Uk Challenge Blog.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful, I love the embossed die cut. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stunning project the gold heart just adds to the elegance.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful design and I can't believe it is a corner die...Beautiful!
    So glad you could share with us at
    Creative Inspirations Paint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty , Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes for our Valentines challenge
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful card. I love you design and sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely design, very elegant indeed, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, hope you'll play along again next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!